|Location||Oldham, Oldham, England|
|Salary||£35000 - £35000|
An excellent opportunity for a Workshop Controller has become available to join a leading main dealer of Commercial Vehicles in Oldham
Working hours are Monday - Friday 07:00 - 17:00
An excellent salary depending on experience plus bonus and overtime will be paid
The Workshop Controller will be reporting directly into the Service Manager. This role is responsible for the daily planning and distribution of work to the technician team maximising quality of work and overall efficiencies.
The role demands an understanding of prioritisation. Motivational leadership and the ability to influence the staff within the function is a critical part of the role as is managing the ‘triage’ function so that no customer in distress has to wait longer than 30 minutes before an initial assessment has been made.
Main duties will include the following -
- Colleague and Customer satisfaction.
- Instilling a high performance culture supported with development plans for the departments population, aligned with the Groups values.
- Maximised workshop loading with leading utilisation, efficiency and productivity metrics.
- Ensuring the quality of job packs and information flow is consistent, comprehensive, clear and transparent, fully enabling the Service Administration teams to achieve and stretch monthly plans.
- MOT first time pas rates > 98%
- Upper quartile positions in all Manufacturer league tables, initiatives and benchmarks.
- Daily invoicing and ‘time to bill’ statistics are upper quartile meeting DAF standards.
- Addressing underperforming areas, understanding what needs to change and implementing change.
- Ensuring the environment including facilities are representative of the Brand and comply with all Health & Safety legislation.
The ideal Workshop Controller candidate will have -
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Goods Vehicle Repair)?
- Irtec Qualification
- Working knowledge of automotive technology, warranty systems and the DAF brand - Experience with DAF Check and CDK systems (advantageous)
- A strong technical background
- Previous workshop supervisory experience (desirable).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good computer skills
- A HGV Licence alongside knowledge of Dealer systems would be a distinct advantage, however isn't essential.
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme.
- 31 days holiday per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 on celebration of 5 years’ service.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution.
- Onsite mental health first aiders.
- Discounted Healthcare scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Being brilliant awards.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Internal engagement initiatives
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
For further information please apply with an updated CV to this advert or directly apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Nick on 01453 829524