|Salary||£50k - 60k per year|
Role: Works Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + 40% bonus
Benefits include: Car allowance - £5,400 p/a & Private BUPA Health Care cover
This is an excellent opportunity for a Works Manager to join an established engineering business in Chesterfield.
This market leading company operates in a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive and transportation, employing over 4,500 people in 22 countries.
The Works Manager will be responsible for the overall day to day running of the Chesterfield facility, ensuring compliance with all safety and statutory regulations and responsible for budgets, forecasts and the P&L for the site. Providing decisive and highly visible leadership skills, you will be tasked with implementing the Group’s strategy to improve the business and its sales and operational performance in order to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that the site is operating in a safe manner and champion safety.
- Drive a culture of total customer satisfaction.
- Create budgets and forecasts for the site, liaising with the sales team.
- Deliver the agreed P+L for the site in conjunction with the Finance Group.
- Responsibility for all site KPIs and delivery of improvements in line with the site’s business plan.
- Manage all departments, production, quality, customer service, engineering and administration functions.
- Manage all site personnel; including communication, training, appraisal, disciplinary, etc.
- Produce monthly reports for the site and analyse key variances to the P+L and action accordingly.
- Champion customer services with a view to exceeding customer expectations.
- In conjunction with the Sales team visit customers and build relationships.
- Responsibility for the site suppliers in conjunction with Divisional and Group purchase agreements.
- Strive to achieve a world Class working environment for our employees.
- Maintain site quality accreditations and identify opportunities for further accreditations based on market requirements in conjunction with the Regional QA Manager
- Deliver year on year cost improvements through Lean Projects and Continuous Improvements culture.
- Working with the responsible VP, develop the Site Strategy to deliver the top level KPIs.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Strong leadership, with good operational / management experience.
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement projects in business performance through sales, operations and culture change and have the drive and vision to lead the site to world class levels of service.
- Results orientated with a flair and passion for business improvement.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Good understanding of quality systems.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing and experience training direct reports in effective use of these principles.
- Coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to identify and extract the potential of all employees.
- Knowledge of Hot Isostatic Pressing (H.I.P) - Preferred
- Operated Quality systems - Preferred
- Experience of a NADCAP operation - Preferred
- Thermal Processing – Preferred
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Eligibility to annual bonus
- Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to statutory sick pay)
- 25 days holiday plus national holidays
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv firstname.lastname@example.org
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.