|Salary||£40k - 50k per year|
My client is looking for an experienced Welding engineer to boost the team to help deliver a growing number of projects.
As part of the welding engineering team, you may be required to undertake to following tasks. Individual tasks will be assigned on a regular basis.
• Prepare preliminary weld procedures in accordance with project requirements. Liaise with client to gain approval.
• Own all assigned PQR activities – this includes preparation of pWPs and liaison with client to gain approval, preparation of shop routing. Liaison with and selection of 3rd party witness (arrange PO), identify all testing and arrange orders. Progress all testing. Write up the PQR and obtain 3rd party endorsement. Gain client approval
• Participate in R&D activities in order to improve quality and deposition rates and maintain the company’s market position as a top class cladding and fabrication business.
• Preparation of quality plans for welding procedure qualification activities.
• Identify the need for procedure qualification activities.
• Manage assigned welding qualification activities to meet agreed project completion dates.
• Maintain WPS, PQR and WQ records.
• Identify the need for and instigation of welder qualification activities including monitoring, testing and creation of records.
• Prepare NDT and heat treatment procedures.
• Liaise with suppliers, customers and inspection authorities on all aspects of welding.
• Review and understand the requirements of the key international codes. Key documents are: ASME IX (to ASME U stamp level of knowledge), ASME 31.3, ISO 15614-1 & 7, API 6A, API 16A, DNV OS C-101, DNV OS E-101, DNV OS F-101, ISO 15156. BS 4515-1, API 1104, DEFSTAN 02-770, DEFSTAN 02-706.
• Maintain awareness of changing code requirements in order to ensure on going compliance of weld procedures and welder/welding operator qualification.
• Select relevant WP and PQRs and send to client for approval. Respond to any client queries and comments until a mutually satisfactory outcome has been achieved.
• Support quality personnel in technical/quality audits.
• Interpret and prepare NDT procedures. Liaise with clients to gain approval.
• Contract review new projects in accordance with ISO 3834-2.
• Maintain an involvement in the selection of new welding equipment.
• Advise on the selection of welding consumables.
• Support the quality manager by assisting in the review of contract documentation.
• Provide a full-time workshop presence
• Maintain the welder/welding operator qualification register.
• Provide technical support to production and quality depts. For example, improvements in shield gas management or parameter monitoring.
• Provide support for production management in the identification and implementation of day-to-day production improvements.
• Carry out continuous shopfloor improvements.
• Defect analysis – support to the quality department in the specification of corrective and preventive action.
• Support the maintenance and production depts in planning the layout of new welding equipment.
Business based considerations
• Maintain an awareness of welding developments and identify areas which will benefit and develop the business.
• Identify suitable areas of training in order to sustain the business objectives.
• Develop the company’s welding capability and welding engineering capacity so that the business can develop and offer solutions to clients which can use the business’ welding technology as a competitive advantage.
• Maintain involvement in strategic decisions concerning the business future.