|Salary||£34000 - £35000|
Job Title: Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Salary: circa £35,000
My client, an award-winning manufacturer of innovative products is currently recruiting for a Warehouse and Distribution Manager to join their team and manage all aspects of warehousing and distribution. Working as part of the Production and Warehouse management team you will lead the organisation, control and administration of all goods entering the facility through to the safe storage, kitting and outgoing distribution of customer orders whilst working within the company, quality and health and safety standards.
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years’ experience of managing warehouse staff in a fast paced environment, ideally with experience of high volume manufacturing and of the requirements of handling chemicals.
We are looking for a strong leader with excellent people management and communications skills and experience who is a confident IT user and methodical in their planning and project management.
A FLT licence and first aid qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
Duties will include:
- Work with Production Control department to provide parts on a “Clear To Build” kitting approach
- Active participant in the company’s daily priorities meeting and responsible for onward internal and external dispatch communication
- Ensure quarantined parts are clearly segregated from clean stock, supporting regular review and disposition activities
- Maintain HSE & housekeeping standards throughout the warehouse facility
- Lead logistic provision (freight forwarders, couriers etc) to ensure safe and timely Goods In, Goods Out operations to requirements
- Generate and promote a Goods In / Goods Out standard diary, communicating clear cut off times for production line completion to ensure same day dispatch
- Generate, monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all of their external logistics providers
- Ensure all transportation and logistics costs are within budget, providing recommendations for alternative provision as needed
- Lead development of their Warehouse Management System
- Lead annual stock count and supporting monthly cycle counts
- Ensure all departmental machinery is compliantly maintained and calibrated to schedule
- Recruit, lead and motivate departmental team members
- Ensure all team members are sufficiently trained, motivated and capable of their roles and work in a safe environment
- Generate, monitor and report on agreed departmental KPIs
- Ensure the team adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)