|Salary||£40k - 45k per year|
Job Title: Value Stream Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Gloucestershire
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Profile – Value Stream Manager
Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of niche components and systems for the aerospace sector. They have established expertise utilizing metallic and composite materials developing innovative solutions for their international client base.
Job Role – Value Stream Manager
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager the Value Stream Manager shall directs and coordinate activities of production departments in processing materials and
manufacturing products. Lead an operational team to deliver projects safely and to time,
cost, quality and sustainability targets, meeting customer needs and expectations. Maximise
financial performance of the Business Unit, achieving health, safety, environmental, quality,
delivery and cost targets within budgeted commitment.
Duties – Value Stream Manager
• Ensure that all quality, cost and delivery requirements agreed with are met
• Day to day management of production facility and direct line management of Team Leaders/Supervision
• Effective resource planning for project work scopes and machines
• Process optimisation and continuous improvement of output and quality
• Accurate measurement of manufacturing performance for machines and workforce
• Delivery schedule definition and completion
• Allocation of people and resources where necessary and encourage teamwork
• Ensure that the DEL learning organisations philosophy is implemented throughout the production team
• Maintain skills matrix and training plans to meet the business needs
• Continuously improve quality and manufacturing costs in line with business objectives
• Regularly report on cost reductions to the management team, initiating and driving productivity improvements
• Support the team in bidding for new work and develop new products and processes
• Optimise utilisation of resource – operating adequate processes and procedures, to ensure material availability, efficient material handling and product flow and effective capacity planning of machines and manpower
• Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives
• Drive costs savings through efficient use of resources
• Maintain sound customer relationships on operational and supply issues where applicable
• Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent
Experience/Qualifications – Value Stream Manager
• Experience of production management, gained within manufacturing environment
• Proven experience of supervising/managing engineering and manufacturing disciplines
• Experienced in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodology
• Previous experience of resource planning
• Risk assessment and working with HSE and a 5S culture
Candidates who are currently a Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Team Leader, Continuous Improvement Specialist, Flow Leader and Production Supervisor.
To make an application for this role please submit your CV to email@example.com or for more information call 01453829529.
For details of other opportunities available within your chose field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.