|Salary||£10.91 - 11.31 per hour|
Position - Trainee Assembler
Location - Gloucester
Rate - £10.91 per hour - £11.91 per hour
Contract - Temp/Contract/Perm
Full training provided
Summary - Trainee Assembler
Skilled operative considered by the company to have the capability to carry out all production requirements in specified production areas. Operators should require minimal supervision input to complete tasks. Manufactures quality products in line with company and customer requirements, following agreed protocol and procedures, within agreed timescales. Work from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor.
Key duties and responsibilities - Trainee Assembler
- Maintains a safe working environment and adheres to policies and procedures
- Adherence to all relevant quality and internal procedures
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, and titanium or non-metallic material such as fibrous insulation according to product specifications.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as fly press operations, corrugating and dimpling.
- Shape metal material using jigs and fixtures.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Weld, component parts to assemble products
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Inspect products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Understand shop floor documentation
- Stamp Documentation to indicate the completion of tasks
- Participate in lean activities and Kaizen events as and when required
- Using Brake Press
Experience - Trainee Assembler
- Experience of using metal forming equipment
- Experienced hand tool operator, including tinsnips, nibblers, hand shears, grinders/cutters, linishers and hand drills
- Knowledge of riveting and welding
Skills - Trainee Assembler
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use measuring equipment
- Keen attention to detail
If this role is of interest please do not hesitate to contact me for further details - email@example.com / 01453829791
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.