|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£11 - £12|
£11 - £12 P/H
Toolmaker Machinist required by industry leading engineering company, on a part time basis to support with a project. The role will be based in Cheltenham, however there will be a requirement to attend initial training in Surrey which is anticipated to last 4 - 6 weeks. Accommodation for the training period will be provided.
- Operating manual lathes mills and grinding machines
- Routine servicing and regrinding of tools
- Carrying out repair and maintenance of press tools when required
- Supporting new project tooling into production
- Adapting current machining processes so that quality targets are met
- Maintaining high standards whilst meeting customer deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to work from blueprints, schematics and manuals.
- Previous experience in a tool making role
- Experience of using manual lathes and grinding machines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An understanding of cost and budget for tooling