|Salary||£30802 - £30802|
Type of role: permanent
Salary: £30802 + 10 % bonus and overtimes
Working hours: 37.5 Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 17:00
We are currently looking to recruit Commercial Technician/ MOT Tester to join workshop based at our Hastings. The appropriate candidate will perform a full range of inspections, MOT preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair on a range of HGV vehicle, light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment.
Successful candidates must have MOT license and be fully qualified to at least IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification and have proven experience of working on light commercial vehicles.
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of HGV vehicle, light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
- Carry out MOT tests class 4 &7
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills
- MOT tester class 7 and 4
If you think this is appropriate opportunity please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marta on 01453 852 542