|Location||Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland|
|Salary||£33.5k - 370k per year|
Position: Technician in Charge
Salary: £33571 + up to 10% annual bonus which totals to £37000 per annum
Type of work: permanent
Hours of work: 37.5 Monday to Friday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technician in Charge to join Glasgow workshop, reporting into the Garage Manager.
- Taking charge of and working with groups of people within the workshop to ensure effective utilisation within Fleet Solutions standards.
- Reception of vehicles from customers, estimate work and allocate as required.
- Ensure times and parts usage are within acceptable limits with due consideration being given to warranty.
- Assist the Garage Manager in planning and balancing the workload as appropriate and update on a daily basis.
- Advice Garage Manager when vehicles not presented for service at the appropriate time and it has not been possible to re-book.
- To ensure that store provision is matched to planned work and assist in carrying out stores checks as required.
- Carrying out all classes of skilled work, involved in the inspection, maintenance and complete overhaul of vehicles and mechanical aids, including mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis, overhauling electrical equipment and components, welding, body repairs and painting, inspection and gauging of parts before and after machine setting and operating machine tools as required.
- Ensure that all documentation and procedures are properly maintained
- Perform quality checks on the standard of vehicle maintenance and ensure that corrective action is taken when necessary.
Key Skills Required
- Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Experienced in carrying out all classes of skilled work, involving the inspection, maintenance, complete overhaul of vehicles and the use of mechanical aids, including mechanical and electrical fault diagnostic equipment
- Experienced in overhauling electrical equipment and components, welding, body repairs and painting, inspection and gauging of parts before and after machine setting
- Previous experience of taking charge of Workshop store provision and ensuring stock is available for planned/scheduled work
- Previous experience of leading a Workshop Team and assisting in planning and balancing the workload daily
If you think this is appropriate opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marta on 01453 852 542