|Location||Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Salary||£35k - 50k per year|
Position: Supportability Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world leading engineering organisation and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security, as a Supportability Engineer. Based out of Edinburgh, with considerable flexible working, the successful Supportability Engineer will join a talented multi-discipline team tasked with the design and development of next generation products by undertaking the following:
- Working with the design teams to ensure requirements for product reliability, failure detection / isolation and in service support requirements are adequately captured.
- Analysing and estimating the operational reliability of equipment designs.
- Interogating functional block diagrams, equipment drawings and, circuit diagrams to identify failure mechanisms and determine preventative actions.
- Determining maintenance tasks, times and frequency. Defining Built-In-Test Strategy and verifying achieved capability. Analysing Failure Data, estimating cost of failure and determining root cause.
- Identifying equipment hazards and mitigation action to prevent injury or environmental impacts.
- Modelling through life costs.
The business offers a number of benefits including, but not limited to, a monthly car allowance, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days), continuous learning and development and flexible working.
Responsibilities of a Supportability Engineer
- Engaging with the Integrated Project Teams to deliver Reliability, Maintainability and Testability (RM&T) analysis work packages.
- Using a variety of analytical techniques and procedures to perform RM&T analysis on integrated systems.
- Working closely with systems, mechanical, software, RF and electronics engineers to identify and avoid real support related problems on complex systems, before they reach the Customer.
- Use your engineering talent to grow and develop the supportability community and core skills base.
- Contribute to continuous process/procedural improvements to help drive out the cost and consequences of failure.
- Understanding the Customers' operational needs to help guide the development of equipment capable of meeting the needs of future operational environments.
Supportability Engineer Skills/Qualifications
- Degree Educated within Engineering or Science based degree.
- Experience within defence or related industry.
- Familiarity with the following would be beneficial: PTC Windchill Quality Solutions; Reliasoft; OPUS; Simlox; Matlab / Simulink; Jira and Python