Job Title: Stores Technician
To execute both physical and administrative stores processes, ensuring products and materials inventory levels are correct within the system, materials are received, stored, issued and delivered to internal and external customers safely, accurately, meeting the required time-scales and quality standard in accordance company procedures.
Key Responsibilities – Stores Technician
- Completing continuous inventory counts in a safe and accurate manner ensuring the results are accurately recorded in a timely manner in the inventory management system. Reporting and investigating stock variances.
- Complete all required stores transactions in an accurate and timely manner within the inventory management system.
- Loading and unloading vehicles in a safe, accurate and timely manner ensuring products and material remain to the required quality standard.
- Receiving, storing, picking, allocating and putting away products and material in a safe, accurate and timely manner ensuring they remain to required quality standard.
- Identify improvements and cost reduction opportunities, supporting and participating in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Provide timely feedback to supervisor \ manager on any material issues that arise.
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
Qualifications & Requirements - Stores Technician
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Stores Technician in an industrial product manufacturing and or supply environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture.
- Root cause analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Good communication, IT Skills and knowledge stock systems would be preferable
- Counterbalance Fork Truck License
- Full, clean UK driving license
For more information on this role, please contact Arun Picton on 01453 829766 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are currently a Factory Technician, Factory Operative, Operative, may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.