|Salary||£10 - £11|
Job Title: Stores Person
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this job is to ensure that correct goods are received and stored safely and correct goods are despatched in accordance with customer requirements. All activities must be compliant with QA procedures and Company Policy. There will be an exceptional requirement to deliver goods to customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take delivery of goods, checking that delivery matches delivery note.
- Deal with any anomalies through suppliers, making alteration notes on delivery notes.
- Check parts received against Purchase Orders on screen.
- Where inspection of parts is required or specified, refer to QA Administrator and place on Inspection desk.
- Where parts need to be returned, ensure they are accompanied by a returns note.
- Where parts are correct, allocate to appropriate kit box.
- Keep kit box safe and accessible until all parts are received or until taken into Production.
- When goods are ready for final inspection, contact QA Administrator and collect kit box from Production area.
- When goods have passed final inspection, take instruction on packing and any other customer requirements concerning despatch.
- Examine work pack to confirm instructions.
- Inform Purchasing Manager where packaging materials need ordering in time for goods to be delivered.
- Ensure that delivery note accompanies goods for despatch.
- Pack goods and send by courier to correct address, labelling according to instruction.
- Maintain good relationship with courier companies used and feedback any problems to Purchasing Manager.
- Pack kit box away with remaining parts together.
- Deliver goods to customers where required.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that goods are stored in kit boxes as close to their arrival as possible.
- Keep the stored area as clear as possible for access to its contents.
- Take responsibility for own Health & Safety at work, keeping working area hazard free to self and others.
- Comply fully with Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Wear any personal protective equipment identified.
- Ensure correct manual handling procedures are adopted.
- Ensure that goods are stored in an agreed methodical manner for safe and easy access.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance systems and procedures, encouraging compliance in others and identifying problem areas for management resolution.
- Be prepared to assist in other departments where required or instructed to cover shortages and workload variations.
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv email@example.com
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk