|Salary||£22k per year|
Position: Store Person
Type of position: permanent
Our client is now seeking to recruit a Stores Facilities person will be responsible for the control of stores, stock items, computerised stock control system as well as the purchasing of goods and services as directed by Procurement Officer.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Officer, as the Stores Facilities person, you will be responsible for:
- Maintain current stores set up and initiate improvement where applicable.
- Work with the Engineers and Technicians to QA incoming spares and assign spares to their correct locations.
- Maintain and control stock items, consumable and non-stock items.
- Ensure accurate stock records are maintained, minimum stock levels achieved and availability of spares for planned and unplanned outages
- Perform regular stock checks and record stock items.
- Purchasing goods and services
- Identify where a setting up a supplier as a direct supplier versus purchasing through a 3rd party will offer cost savings, and request supplier is set up on the books.
- Monitor and report on the spare’s parts spend
- Be trained to provide sickness and absence cover for OMA and assistant Operators
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
Previous experience in a storekeeper / stock control / stores related position, preferably in a heavy engineering or manufacturing environment
Knowledge of standard procurement processes and best practice
Experience with a computerised maintenance management system is desirable
A flexible approach to working and strong teamwork ethic
If you think this is appropriate opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marta on 01453 852 542
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.