|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£35k - 40k per year|
Role: Sourcing Specialist
Industry: Engineering, Manufacturing
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with excellent understaning of engineering to work as a sourcing specialist for a globally prominant business.
You will join a high-performance team to support the strategic sourcing activities for engineering of high value engineered electromechanical systems for global application.
Within this role you will have a strong focus on strategy and improvement activities as you go about your day to day tasks.
- Implement sourcing plans ensuring quality, delivery times, and cost reduction is achieved.
- Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Select a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio.
- Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers
- Execute contract negotiation and development
- Drive parts and process qualification
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager to guarantee supply for portfolios.
- Ensure continuous improvement to wasted time, money, and resources.
- Assessing Engineering drawings for sourcing needs
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Preferably familiarity or experience in:
- Electromechanical devices or systems
- Electrical/Electronic parts
- Mechanical parts
- Experience in lower volume / higher complexity/value projects.
- Strategic Sourcing experience
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on 01453 829530 or to make an application apply online directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Mechanical ENgineers, Electrical Engineers, Proposals Engineers, Tendering specialist, Estimators, Quotation Specialists, Buyers, and Supply Chain Analysts.