|£70k - 75k per year + Up to 21% Bonus + Excellent Benefits + Pension + Flexible Working
Job Title: Software Group Lead
Pay Range/details: Up to circa £75,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Our defence client is currently hiring for Software Group Lead who are looking for their next move, or a step up in their career.
Join a dynamic and innovative team at the forefront of delivering cutting-edge defence systems. As a Software Group Lead, you will have the unique opportunity to lead and inspire a group of talented engineers contributing to some of the world's most sophisticated defence projects.
You’ll be employed in Stevenage, with the opportunity to work on a hybrid basis with flexible hours.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work within this role, you must be a British National and be able to obtain SC or DV clearance.
This role will require 2-3 days per week on site, on average.
Key Responsibilities – Model Based Systems Engineer
- As a Software Group Lead, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and supporting teams of specialist engineers.
- Leading a dynamic team of engineers across various disciplines, fostering a collaborative and passionate work environment.
- Supporting the growth and development of your team through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Architecting high-integrity software solutions for in-service and future products.
- Ensuring excellence in the deployment of critical resources, including Architects, Safety, Security, and Independent Verification teams.
- Delivering the international Software Engineering knowledge strategy and driving improvements for competitive gains.
- Providing governance for Product Lines through effective management and oversight of investments.
Qualifications & Requirements – Software Group Lead
- Inspirational Leadership: A leader who values coaching and mentoring, steering teams towards the delivery of high-quality products in complex programmes.
- Software Quality Advocate: Ability to articulate the benefits of key software quality practices.
- Change Management: Comfortable with change and committed to continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- High-Integrity Environment: Ideally, a background in developing, delivering, and supporting software in a high-integrity environment, with knowledge of the complexities of software development within evolving products.
What we can offer – Software Group Lead
- Annual bonus up to 21%
- Annual Salary Increase
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive parental benefits, including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal, and shared parental leave.
- Genuine Career Progression
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic team!
For more information on this role, please contact Annabel Clifford on 01453 829 536 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Software Project Lead, Software Manger, Software Team Lead, Software Engineering Lead, Software Engineering Manager, Lead Software Engineer, Lead Software Developer may be suitable for this position.
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.