|Salary||£40000 - £40000|
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits
DUe to continued growth my client, a leading gloucestershire based manufacturer, are currently recruiting for a talented software engineer. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of application specific software solutions for integration into complex Test Equipment Systems. These Test Systems support the Qualification and Production Acceptance testing of a wide range of safety critical Control Systems and Components.
Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Technical Review for the release of software solutions
- Assist senior engineers with the definition of software solutions in the creation of detailed proposals.
- Responsible for the: Definition, development, integration, validation/ verification and release of software solutions.
- Prepare and release software documentation in support of development processes.
- Responsible for work packages in the maintenance or upgrade of existing software solutions.
- Support Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment System and/ or components as required.
- Support with strategies for obsolescence management, and identification of appropriate software tools and supporting hardware.
- Support internal and external quality audits of deployed software solutions.
- Actively participate in 5S activities/continuous improvement
Software Engineer Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant Engineering subject area. (Software, Electronics, Mechatronics)
- Experience in the development of software solutions for a variety of test systems. Including the development of application specific software directly related to data acquisition, analysis techniques and reporting of data captured from real time applications/testing machinery.
- Experience in using various NI tools such as LabVIEW and Veristand.
- Experience of creating software solutions using Visual Basic, C, C++, C#, Python, Java or Delphi on standard PCs or embedded systems.
- Experience/knowledge of digital and analogue electronics would be advantageous.
- Experience in one or more of the following: dSpace, LabView, DOORS, JIRA, MatLab and SubVersion is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, VISO and Project.
- Knowledge of PC operating platforms (DOS/ Windows/ Microsoft Environments).
- Must be able to obtain UK Security Clearance
This is an exciting career opportunity to join an expanding business. The Software Engineer will be remunerated with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and fantastic progression opportunities