|Salary||£55k - 60k per year + 6,600 car and Bonus|
Site Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Large automated world class manufacturing site
£55 - £60k plus Car, 15% Bonus and excellent package - £80+k Package
Client: Global FMCG Manufacturing company undergoing business investment and expansion
- Responsible for ensuring that site SHE is in line with the global safety agenda
- You will build and maintain good relationships to drive the safety and environment agenda on site.
- You are a key member of the SLT on a large modern world class manufacturing site
- You will lead a small team and actively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders to drive excellence in execution and challenge existing safety practices to shape the future of the site safety and sustainability agenda
You are the SHE lead for the site!
You will have the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization; coach employees on behaviors to achieve a strong safety culture.
You will support the development of the annual HSE plan; monitor monthly KPIs and targets; deliver technical training; manage the internal and external audit schedule; oversee risk assessments.
- Lead the core safety values and leadership principles across all levels of the site
- Lead the development of site risk management processes to ensure compliance to relevant legislation, corporate standards, policies and targets
- Lead the development of improvement plans for the Safety Process, Environment, Security and Sustainability
- Lead continuous improvement in risk management performance
- Lead regulatory authorities and insurance in all matters relating to EHS
- Ensure that employees are competent to manage risk and compliance within their own areas
- Lead the development of the site management team and supervisors, ensuring they are competent to manage all safety-critical activities
- Facilitate the reporting of all EHS KPI’s
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Benchmark the performance of the site against other sites and industry standards
- Assessing existing and emerging safety and environmental risks to ensure continued protection of employees, customers and the brands, working with and educating key stakeholders to ensure continued protection
- Establish a safety culture that delivers world class SHE performance, through the development and maintenance of employee led programmes
Is this you?
- Experience in a Health & Safety Manager role, ideally within a fast-paced manufacturing environment like FMCG, General Manufacturing or automotive, Food and Drink or regulated industries such as pharmaceutical
- NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma or equivalent and ideally an IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or Foundation level
- Experience of driving a safety culture
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of Health, Safety & Environment (including legislation, audit handling and management systems)
- Membership with a relevant professional body (e.g. IOSH or IEMA)
- Strong communication, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Experience training others, performing hazard risk analysis and dealing with legislation
- Experience in HSE in a manufacturing or high-risk environment
- Experience of leading a team
- Engineering Degree level qualified (Science Degree may be substituted pragmatically)
- World Class Manufacturing Safety or Environment Pillar experience.
- Development of SHE strategy, policy and standards
Excellent Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, Bonus, multi-skilling development plans, new technologies, investment and genuine progression available
Suiable for SHE manager, HSE Manager, SHEQ manager, Senior HSE Advisor, Lead Safety, manufacturing, FMCG industries
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.