|Salary||£35k - 40k per year|
An exciting new opportunity for a Shift Manager at a reputable business in Stonehouse.
This exciting Shift Manager role will help lead their shift to help keep the standard of their product as high as needed.
The organization and control of the manufacturing resources for a defined shift team is key to this role.
Shift Manager Responsibilities:
- Monitor on shift first time pass rate and implement first time pass rate and first time quality reaction plans.
- Close control of hourly status to meet shift output targets ensuring recovery on shift of any shortfall.
- Book all output and scrap bookings
- Responsible for the operational management and control of employees for the assigned shift team including; manning levels; absence management; pay and performance; and grievance resolution
- Process all overtime forms in a timely manner.
- Initiate the training and development of employees for the shift team; monitoring and appraising performance; personal development planning; coaching and maintaining discipline.
- Assist Group Manager with the recruitment of new employees.
- Ensure all new starters are correctly inducted and have clear objectives set for their six month probationary period; ensure all probationary reviews are completed on time.
- Deliver effective shift hand-over with the other shift managers and to ensure two-way communications are developed and maintained for the shift team in line with the site policy.
- Maintain all operating systems within the area.
- Develop, implement and ensure a safe working environment on shift and within an assigned area, focusing on reducing accidents and incidents.
- Improve 5S score within area and on shift to >95.
- Apply Total Quality tools and techniques to make improvements.
- Work across all 3 shifts (06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 22:00 to 06:00)
Shift Manager Background:
- Relevant engineering / managerial qualification to a minimum of (ONC level) or equivalent e.g. mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
- Previous supervisory / management experience.
- Experience of high volume manufacturing environment.
- Working Knowledge of ISO and TS quality standards.
- Flexible team worker with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
For more information regarding this role please call Michael Farrell 01453 829768 or to make an application apply online directly via email@example.com