|Salary||£30000 - £35000|
Job Title: Shift Manager
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Type: 3 shifts (earlies, lates, nights)
My client, a global manufacturer of specialist products for the automotive sector is currently looking to recruit for a Shift Manager.
You will be responsible for the organization and control of the manufacturing resources for a defined shift team to achieve; quality; volume; cost targets meeting the company’s quality systems and safety standards. Working with Production or Cell Manager to be responsible for the execution of the cell’s agreed quality, volume or cost improvement initiatives on the assigned shift team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor on shift first time pass rate and implement first time pass rate and first time quality reaction plans.
• Close control of hourly status to meet shift output targets ensuring recovery on shift of any shortfall.
• Book all output and scrap bookings
• Responsible for LTM reporting
• To be responsible for the operational management and control of employees for the assigned shift team including; manning levels; absence management; pay and performance; and grievance resolution
• Responsible for maintaining data/ reviewing and ensuring understanding of metrics and taking appropriate action for the achievement of these
• Responsible for ensuring they utilise the EOS within their respective functions for compliance with agreed quality standards and achievement of agreed metrics
• Initiate the training and development of employees for the shift team; monitoring and appraising performance; personal development planning; coaching and maintaining discipline.
• To deliver effective shift hand-over with the other shift managers and to ensure two-way communications are developed and maintained for the shift team in line with the site policy.
• To develop, implement and ensure a safe working environment on shift and within an assigned area, focusing on reducing accidents and incidents.
• Improve 5S score within area and on shift to >95.
• Apply Total Quality tools and techniques to make improvements.
• Responsible for the review and implementation of corrective and preventative actions
• Responsible for stopping shipment to customer in event of a quality concern
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant engineering / managerial qualification to a minimum of (ONC level) or equivalent e.g. mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
• Previous supervisory / management experience.
• Experience of high volume manufacturing environment.
• Working Knowledge of ISO and TS quality standards.
• Flexible team worker with good communication and inter-personal skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
• Ability to stay calm in high stress situations