|Salary||£45k - 50k per year|
Role: SHE Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced SHE Manager to join a leading FMCG company in Bodmin.
The role of the SHE Manager is to ensure that all health, safety and environmental management systems are in place and fully adhered to
- Undertake risk assessments in all areas of the business, when required.
- Carry out regular internal and external audits.
- Ensure legal compliance in all areas of operation.
- Define site level roles and responsibilities for all HS&E tasks; brief to those accountable and obtain sign off for training records.
- Identify site level HS&E training needs and work with the Training Team to deliver.
- Define required operational controls / SOPs for the site and work with all functions necessary to ensure operational controls are adopted.
- Investigate all accidents at work, non-conformances, incidents and near misses; develop resulting action plans to reduce risk.
- Keep up-to-date with changes / case outcomes in health, safety and environment and update site systems accordingly.
- Compile weekly reports detailing key KPIs, produce action plans to improve performance and communicate results to the Senior Leadership Team and wider group HS&E team as appropriate.
- Track adherence to budget for utilities and waste and flag over / under performance.
- Attend monthly Works Council meetings to provide updates on HS&E performance across site, working with reps to raise standards.
- Lead the development of an intrinsic health and safety culture across the site, working with all key stakeholders to develop and maintain a positive HS&E culture, helping them to understand their role in health and safety management.
- Maintain active communication with all relevant regulatory bodies and ensure any associated changes, as well as legislative changes, are thoroughly communicated and fully implemented.
- Liaise with Occupational Health to ensure that the necessary assessments, health surveillance and monitoring is in control.
- Prepare documents and evidence as appropriate for the determination of liability in respect of employer’s liability claims.
- Prepare reports for statutory bodies as required.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of implementing and managing ISO14001.
- A NEBOSH general (or equivalent) with Tech IOSH is essential. Candidates
- Auditing experience, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Possesses analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Competent Microsoft Office user, particularly Excel.
- 33 days annual leave (8 bank holidays and 25 normal)
- X3 Life Assurance
- Employer Pension 4%
- Possibility of Private Medical Insurance
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv firstname.lastname@example.org
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Design Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.