|Salary||£65k - 75k per year + Bonus, Package|
Role: Senior Project Manager - Transport & Logistics
Job Type: Permanent
Your Reward: Up to £75k plus comprehensive package and bonus
Reporting to: Head of Logistics
Location: Hybrid working
Are you a Project Manager with an interest in Transport and logistics?
Then we have a role that might be of interest to you! We are now looking for a Transport & Logistics Project Manager to lead a portfolio of transport projects. This role will focus on delivering vital business change, with a focus on transport efficiency, to support our drive to reduce costs and create a leaner operating model. This is a multifaceted and stretching role which requires strong project management skills and a wide-ranging understanding of transport and the wider Retail industry.
The base locations for this role can be Welham Green, Paddington or Castle Donington but some travel will be required to our various Distribution centres.
Role Requirements: Senior Project Manager – Transport & Logistics
- Responsibility for the strategic direction and project management of a programme of transport change
- Create a business proposal from beginning to end and present it to senior partners; ensuring that it is refreshed and justified at key stages during project delivery
- Provide leadership and oversight to transport project management
- Work with colleagues to develop project roadmaps
- Take responsibility for the coordination of planning, execution and scope for all projects
- Engage Business partners to ensure successful delivery of change, including BUs, Retail, Supply Chain & Logistics, IT and Finance teams, in addition to 3PL’s
- Ensure all financial controls across multiple projects are robust and auditable
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop and manage the PMO mandate
- To understand and document interdependencies between projects and highlight opportunities
- To follow the project methodology, including a clear definition of RACI and project scope
Qualifications & Requirements – Senior Project Manager – Transport & Logistics
- Transport Logistics Operations Experience
- Change Management – you will bring stakeholders together to initiate large-scale change
- Project/ Programme management experience and an understanding of project management methodologies i.e., PRINCE2, Agile, Six Sigma and Lean Techniques
- Logistics network knowledge and understanding
- Financial controls
What we can offer to a Senior Project Manager - Transport & Logistics
Being a part of M&S is exactly that – becoming a part and playing your part. We are an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always-evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special…
•20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and food.
•A first-class welcome to M&S with a tailored induction and a range of training schemes to help with your learning and development. Having options to progress is something we are proud of.
•Attractive annual bonus
•29 days holiday including bank holidays
•Amazing rewards and discounts via our M&S Choices website. Including Gym Save – which offers up to 25% off Gym Memberships and the option to become an M&S Shareholder using our ShareSave & ShareBuy Schemes
•A very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
Every colleague at M&S has access to a fantastic range of wellbeing support – this includes access to our 24/7 Virtual GP; PAM Assist to support you & and your family & and free access to the UnMind App.
Everyone is welcome!
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That is why we are revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There has never been a better time to be part of our team. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk about flexible working.
For more information on this awesome role, please contact Mike Butler, our recruitment partner, at [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Transport Project Manager, Senior Supply Chain Project Manager, Logistics Programme Manager and any equivalent background will be suitable for the role.
Techsearch is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
Techsearch is an employment agency that has been connecting businesses with talent for 30 years. We specialise in opportunities at all levels within the Supply Chain, Engineering, Technical, Life Sciences and Manufacturing sectors.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.