|Salary||£35000 - £40000|
My client are looking for an experienced Production engineer to join the team to assist in managing their current and future growth.
As a senior engineer on site, you will provide technical expertise for all things manufacturing/production engineering including continuous improvement initiatives, standardising processes, optimising performance, documentation and reducing costs.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing team on the processes, systems and documentation required
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships and establish strong feedback loops between production, quality, NPI, design and customer service teams
- Ensure that process routings are routinely checked and updated to reflect new and revised processes
- Support NPI, production documentation and new initiatives throughout the year
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Delivering technical engineering solutions to tight deadlines
- Reviewing and redesigning tooling, jigs and fixtures to constantly improve performance and minimise waste, change over times, etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolving manufacturing challenges
- Proposing and advising future on future capital investment, including justification of financial outlay against payback schedules.
- Refining manufacturability for new products introduction and embedding new processes
- Working with machine tooling suppliers to ensure smooth introduction of new equipment into the business
- Designing bespoke tooling and working with tooling reps to select best tooling
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving and root cause analysis and countermeasure.
- Strong planning and organization skills, embracing change.
- Project management skills and the ability to balance short-term firefighting with long term improvement projects
- Understanding of Siemens NX software would be advantageous
- Strong ability to run projects from cradle to grave
- A strong hands on background within manufacturing/production/process engineering roles
- Experience in automation of manufacturing processes
- Evidence of continuous improvement/lean initiatives and/or projects leading to improved efficiency, capacity, or cost savings (Six Sigma / Lean qualifications would be beneficial)
- Experience within assembly & high-volume manufacturing.
- Minimum HND or equivalent - a degree in Engineering or a related field is also desirable.