|Salary||£48000 - £53000|
Senior Product Engineer
Aerospace & Defence
Our client designs, manufactures and supports complex systems for the defence and aerospace sectors. Due to increased demand and expansion plans they are looking for technically minded engineers to join their team. Candidates will have the opportunity to join an established international organisation where quality is at the forefront of everything they do.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for resolving technical issues concerning design, assembly, and test processes for production hardware. To provide engineering support to the sustainment and new product introduction teams. Responsible for the implementation of new products and processes into the production environment.
- Ability to analyse production data to identify improvement opportunities, maintaining processes in control, prioritise and complete activities to ensure business quality and delivery targets
- Take the lead in product or process changes to improve system performance to better meet customer or other user needs.
- Provide technical product and process input to new programmes, utilising APQP techniques and tools to support PPAP submission.
- Bring together the engineering justification for product integrity investigations internally and communicate with both suppliers and customers.
- Create and develop test standards and procedures.
- Specify non-standard tests in production environment where required to help resolve production issues.
- Select and use appropriate procedures, equipment, and standards to produce required data and assist with interpretation.
- Specify new test equipment capable of meeting all servo valve applications from customer specifications.
- Work closely with the sustainment test equipment team to isolate testing issues whether it be within software, electronics, hydraulics, or product. Experience/Qualifications
- Technical approval for Product Support Engineering documentation
- Non-conformance / PRB & MRB approval
Skills and Experience
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic principles and a sound understanding of design concepts and technical specification and drawings.
- Uses recognised problem-solving tools and techniques to solve complex technical issues.
- Experience in PFMEA, Control Plans & Process Flow Diagrams creation and updates through the product life cycle.
- Experience in developing Assembly and Test processes & procedures, including tooling concept designs, flow line and single piece A&T concepts.
The Senior Product Engineer role is remunerated with an excelent salary and benefits package. Not only that but this is an opportunity to join a forward thinging business with exciting future plans. For further detais send your application today.