|Salary||£65k - 70k per year + Benefits|
Senior Network Security Engineer
Remote - UK
SC Clearance required
My client is an enterprise multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud, successfully moving some of the largest applications and database workloads to private and public cloud platforms. The company has a global presence with offices in New York, UK and India.
We have an immediate need for experienced Senior Network Security Engineer to join our talented IT and cloud delivery team based out of the UK. In addition to robust experience in networking, firewalls and security from both on-premises and cloud environments experience we are looking for strong self-starters able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
Existing UK government SC clearance or eligibility for UK SC clearance is a requirement for this role. Eligibility requires (but is not limited to) 5 years permanent residence in the UK with no period exceeding 28 days spent outside the UK.
• The position involves a 50/50 split between:
- Working closely with the internal IT team on implementation, maintenance and support of Cintra corporate internal IT network and security edge devices / security appliances / applications.
- Working with the Service Delivery Team on customer project delivery activities as well as support of customer firewalls and security appliances.
- Experience from on-premise systems is key for this role, however networking and security components for internal IT and customer projects may be hosted both on premise as well as virtual networking and security appliances hosted on the OCI/AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms.
- The role will overall be a good opportunity to work on cloud-native networking and security systems, and it is assumed the role will develop over time to expand further into this field.
- The role will involve a high degree of autonomy, and it is expected the individual will take ownership of problems and solutions whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the IT and engineering teams. The job role will serve as the Subject Matter Expert on networking internally in Cintra.
- The individual must be focused on delivering solutions within agreed timelines and budgets, managing and resolving issues within customer SLAs and expectations, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their projects or support requests, as well as working closely with vendors when required.
- The individual filling this position is expected to provide production support ownership, tracking and resolving cloud and on-premise network and security infrastructure related tasks.
- The role may be part of Cintra's technical team on on-call rota.
Networking / Security Skills Requirements
- 8 or more years' experience as a Senior Networking / Firewall / Security / Load Balancing professional from on-premise systems and cloud hosted third party and cloud-native systems.
- Certifications / hands on experience from:
- Network and security appliances like Fortinet / Palo Alto / Juniper / Cisco / Watchguard / PFsense / Netgate / Arista.
- Load balancing technologies like F5 Big-IP / A10 / Citrix Netscaler ADC.
- AWS / OCI / GCP / Azure cloud networking and security stacks as well as load balancing solutions (including auto-scaling).
- Other security related certifications like CSSP / CISSP / CEH are beneficial.
- IPsec / SSL based VPN site-to-site and user based VPN technologies, including UK Government NCSC PRIME specifications and VPN certificate management.
- In-depth network troubleshooting using network sniffers / packet analysers like WireShark and tcpdump.
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
- Authentication mechanisms / SAML as well as 2FA / MFA systems like Cisco DUO, RSA.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability scans review and remediation.
- Telecoms provided WAN technologies like MPLS as well as cloud network brokerage technologies like AWS Direct Connect / OCI FastConnect / GCP Cloud Interconnect.
- Log management and network monitoring tools like CheckMK, DataDog, Nagios, Zabbix, SolarWinds, Cacti, LogRythm, Prometheus.
- Experience from Linux systems (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.) and ideally DevOps / automation / scripting skills like Ansible, Bash, Perl, Python.
- General networking skills covering DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, switching, routing and IP management in on premise and cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of MS Office / Word / Excel / Visio.
Optional Skills Requirements
- Linux / Windows system management.
- AWS / OCI / GCP / Azure cloud management.
- On-premises exposure to server management, including engineered systems like Oracle ExaData, ODA and hypervisor platforms like VMware, Citrix XenServer, OVM, KVM.
Soft Skills Requirements
- Ability to work well with internal and customers facing teams.
- Communication - both written and verbal - are very important skills in this role.
- Strong collaboration skills and knowledge of collaboration tools.
- Strong self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, ability to take ownership and achieve outcome-based goals with minimal supervision.
- Time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in high pressure situations.
If you are a Network Enginer, Cyber Security Consultant, Network Security Administrator, Network Security Consultant; Network Security Specialist
For more information please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794