|Salary||£47k - 52k per year + Package|
- Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hybrid working minimum 2 days onsite.
- Location: Northeast close to Newcastle area
- Client: Global Leader in Manufacturing
- Reward: £47 – 52k Target, applications taken on experience
Do You Want To?
- Be part of a unique and dynamic Design team in a Design-to-manufacture environment? Work.for a category leader?
- Work in a multi-disciplinary project team enabling you to develop professionally and personally?
- Have access to a well-established community of leaders and mentors who can support clear routes for career progression? UK wide?
- Have the flexibility of working from home, office, and site?
Responsibilities and Challenges - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Your challenge, as a senior Mechanical designer with 2D/3D experience, will be responsible for Turnkey product design from customer specification, initial design, and costing, to designing a cost-effective product that is designed for manufacture.
- Responsible for the design, development, and management of product ranges, standard and bespoke, delivering bespoke and unique projects.
- Responsible for receiving client’s technical drawings & specifications develop. development a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence within the design team.
- Specifying material and estimating costs for customised products within our product ranges
- Liaise with the procurement team or suppliers directly. Ensuring that you clarify the customers’ needs and expectations before providing an estimate.
- Provide Engineering handovers to the manufacturing team, designing jigs and fixtures required for the manufacture of product
- Use of 3D CAD packages (preferably SolidWorks but open) to design, model and create drawings.
Act as the inhouse design expert , you are the subject matter expert and have the potential to lead/supervise a small team (x2)
- Ideally based at the site (manufacturing site) or willing to travel to site regularly.
- Use AutoCAD, Solidworks to create models, product spec and drawings.
- Generate concept designs with written specifications.
- Undertake prototyping and product testing.
- Design the aesthetics, material selection and functionality of products – true innovation with courage and curiosity competencies.
- Create and control Bill of Materials and Production Routing for products using ERP.
Knowledge, skills, and experience: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
•Use of 3D CAD packages (preferably SolidWorks) to design, model and create drawings
•Engineering and materials knowledge
•Good communication skills
• IT Skills using MS products, word, excel etc.
AutoCAD) to review and edit drawings.
•Understand engineering drawings
•Working knowledge of MS packages
•An understanding of fabrication tooling and handling
What We Can Offer - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 40 hours – Monday to Friday
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- 5% employer-matched pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Health care cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Retailer discounts
- Share purchase scheme
- Life assurance
We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements above, so if you are excited about the role, please get in touch! ; potential and transferrable skills can be just as important.
For more information on this role, please contact Mike Butler on 0113 2123519 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Design engineer, mechanical designer, senior design engineer, product design engineer, may be or suitable for this position.
Techsearch is acting as an Employment Agency about this vacancy.
Techsearch for employment agency that has been an connecting business with technical talent for 30 years.
We specialise in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Technical, Life Sciences, Supply Chain and Manufacturing sectors.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.