|Salary||£40k - 45k per year|
Job type – Permanent
Salary - £40k - £45k
My client is actively searching for an experienced Senior Manufacturing engineer to develop new products as well as improving the current product portfolio.
The main purpose of this role is to evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly tooling, materials and test procedures to develop, improve and implement operationally excellent manufacturing methods.
• To act as the Senior Electronics lead engineer overseeing all electronic production lines in the Factory.
• Provide production line engineering support and problem-solving expertise delivered on time and to an appropriate standard.
• To constantly review electronic production line performances and look at OPEX opportunities to improve processes and equipment.
• Ensure operational excellence principles are always applied.
• Maintaining, updating and improving written work instructions
• Performing regular time studies and ensuring standard times are met and correct.
• Lead verification and validation of manufacturing methods. (MTM)
• Perform manufacturing/ value chain process assessment and make operational re-designs targeting safety improvements, customer delivery improvement and productivity and cost optimisation.
• Preparing technical plans or tooling & equipment designs using computer- aided engineering and design software – e.g. 2D and 3D CAD, PCB Layout Software.
• Project and task planning, estimating project timescales with regular meeting updates.
• Continuous improvement – Work with Production/Quality to monitor RFT, COTD, & Productivity and to find ways to resolve under performance/parts quality or general production issues.
• Evaluating operational systems and recommending design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
• Contribute manufacturing technical expertise to new product design and introduction to the new manufacturing process.
• Provide technical engineering expertise to support manufacturing and NPI process.
• Contribute to and/or manage concurrent projects in a cross functional environment.
• Working with colleagues to manage ongoing ‘day to day’ business as well as the Operational Excellence improvement projects.
• Introduce new systems/ways of working to maximise efficiency and cost savings.
• Increase problem solving skills and methodologies across the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• HNC or HND degree in electronic/electrical engineering or engineering technology.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience of providing engineering support in a manufacturing environment.
• Lean manufacturing/automation or MTM experience would be advantageous.
• Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• IT skills – including CAD, 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, PCB Layout design, SAP (Desirable).
• Knowledge of PLC or LABVIEW will be an advantage.
For more information on this role you can contact Ryan Kline on 01453 852562 or send an up-to-date version of you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.