|Salary||£45k - 65k per year|
Location - Bristol
Role - Permanent
Salary - £45k - £65k
My client is an international business who manufacture a complex product for a specialised industry and are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be the focal point for all Electrical aspects of the tool. The role will also involve supporting several projects that range from sustaining of the existing tool to new product development.
The individual will be accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
• Sustaining of the current electronics with research into replacements for obsolete components.
• Develop new ideas for improving the design, functionality, performance, reliability and efficiency of the products.
• Interact with peers in the Engineering team when working on new product development.
• Be able to research into new devices that could be used to enhance the performance and reliability of the product.
• Be capable of testing designs and products.
• Be able to think outside the box.
• Must be able to test your own work and come up with improvements.
• Design experience for applications - temperature, shock and vibration
• Excellent fault-finding skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to an international team
• Perform any other duties as required.
Knowledge of the following is desired but not a requirement.
• Analogue filters, sensors, (accelerometers, magnetometers, etc).
• Motor drivers.
• Switched mode power supplies.
• Digital micro-processors
• AD converters
• Harsh environments
• Actuators, generators, motors and drives.
• Motors, (DC, AC and brushless).
• Control systems
• Mathematics (real world)
List Preferred qualifications/experience
• Engineering Degree
• 10 years’ experience, in a similar role
• Altium Designer (Schematic and PCB Design)
• OrCAD Capture, (legacy schematic tool)
• Pspice or Simetrix, (circuit simulation)
If you are interested please call Ryan Kline on 01453 852562 or alternatively email Ryan.Kline@omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.