|Salary||£50k - 60k per year|
ob Title: Senior Development Engineer
Pay Range/details: Up to £60,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
A market-leading engineering client are looking for a Senior Development Engineer to join their specialist team located near Gloucester .
The Senior Development Engineer will take the technical lead on development projects as identified by the Technical Director/Product Development Manager. In addition will assist the Product Development Manager in coaching Mechanical Engineers to develop Design skills and work to the departmental processes and Responsible for the design and development of a wide range of standard and special purpose machinery.
· Lead mechanical design and development of standard and special purpose machinery.
· Ensure the designs fully comply with machine specification, Safety regulations and CE compliance.
· Lead design reviews and development meetings.
· Build and test development equipment to demonstrate compliance to specifications.
· Write and execute test plans to support R&D.
· Identify and report design and project risks to the Product Development Manager.
· Creation of engineering component and GA drawings for manufacture and assembly.
· Work closely with operations, manufacturing, and production engineers throughout product development.
· Creation of technical reports and documentation as required for development projects.
· Lead onsite customer installation and testing as required.
· Coaching and supporting Mechanical Engineers in design techniques and departmental processes and engineering good practice.
· Support the continuous improvement of the department and wider company.
Qualifications & Requirements – Senior Development Engineer
· Engineering degree or relevant apprenticeship
· 7+ years of experience in a design engineering role
· Highly experienced in the design of special purpose machinery.
· Experienced in leading product development projects.
· Experienced in the full product development cycle.
· Production of detailed drawings with geometrical tolerancing.
· Strong CAD skills (preferably SolidWorks).
· Hands on experience with build and test.
· Excellent communicator.
· Strong problem-solving abilities.
· Effective time and task management.
· Confident, proactive character, with ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
· Team player.
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Full passport required with ability to travel internationally for occasional customer visits.
What we can offer – Engineering Project Manager
- Life Cover
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Health Cover
- Engaging and exciting working environment
Call for action: For more information on this role, please contact Paul Furlong on 01453 829789 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Compliance: Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Omega Resource Group is an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
Candidates who are currently a Lead Engineer, Project Engineer or Production manager may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.