|Salary||£40000 - £55000|
Job Title: Senior Controls Engineer
Salary: Negotiable DOE
My client, an established engineering company specialising in bespoke engineering solutions for a wide range of industries are currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer to work within their Electrical controls team. The candidate will be able to work on their own initiative with a positive attitude to meeting customer requirements, and as part of an integrated engineering team. You will be qualified to minimum HNC in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
• Provide technical support to the sales, proposal, project and design teams. Including simulations, estimating, software and hardware selection.
• Provide guidance on control system design together with the preparation of associated FDS and CE documentation.
• Customer technical support and practical support to the electrical department.
• Implementation and equipment commissioning on customer sites both within the UK and abroad.
• Supporting all elements within the electrical controls & proposals departments, striving for continuous improvement.
• Ensuring conformance to all current UK and foreign standards (when applicable).
• A Minimum HNC qualified electrical engineer, with knowledge of Allen Bradley, Siemens & safety PLC’s, robotic applications (ABB preferred) and HMI’s.
• Capable of Understanding and/or design of Safety zoning, LOTO requirements, electrical circuits, communication interfacing and SISTEMA calculations
• Evidence of leadership qualities, giving direction and promoting development.
• Familiarity with robotic automation & pneumatic control
• Related industry experience – Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive preferred.