Sales Manager - Changing Places
Location: Home based (Midlands-North UK)
Sales Specification, Construction, Architects
Basic + Car + Bonus (Uncapped OTE £60K)
My client manufactures, supplies, installs and services specialist bathing and lifting systems for the healthcare. They have a 25year track record as a market leader in our field and we have an ambition to grow. They have a division to educate, specify, sell product and install Changing Places Rooms. This supports recent legislation for installing Changing Places rooms in Public Facing buildings with significant government funding.
Create new enquiries through education to architects, venues and organisations of the new legislation and the benefits of Changing Places. Harvest incoming leads from our marketing and planning databases and manage through to order with the client or contractor.
Visit site to complete site survey where required and advise the customers on the layout and fit out of Changing Place and other facilities to meet the required standards including quotation generation. Work closely with our Project Manager to handover the order so it can be planned for installation.
Main functions and responsibilities
- Create opportunities through education and awareness training to architects, potential venues and influencers.
- Harvest leads from marketing and planning databases.
- Close out orders with a wide range of customers including initial contract review when needed.
- Drive repeat business and referrals through our excellent service and relationships.
- Inputting excellent technical knowledge of the product range and installation requirements where called upon
- Build a deep understanding of the specifications required for Changing Places and other similar project installation requirements.
- From a qualified lead engage with the site or facilities manager and advise them on the specific layout of equipment understanding the building fabric, electrical and mechanical requirements to ensure the completed installation meets the standards.
- Understanding and interpreting contract requirements.
- Generate the quotation from the agreed pricing tables and labour estimates.
- Initiate negotiation on the customer contract an identifying variation where it occurs and charging the customer appropriately.
- Manage the contractor contracts and defending claims for variation appropriately.
- Close the contract out formally as required.
- Gain customer feedback to help the client improve its overall operations.
The ideal candidate will come from a construction or technical sales background, with good interpersonal skills and a strong focus on getting the job done. This role requires good technical knowledge and an expertise in understanding and dealing with architects and construction issues. With an innate ability to communicate at all levels, you will have good IT and project management skills and be capable of working well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Entrepreneurial hunger to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience in managing similar projects.
- A working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and capacity to quickly learn the technical aspects of new products
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- A team player who is also comfortable working alone.
- Organised and competent administrator.
For more information, please contact Giles Churchill at Omega Resource on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.