|Salary||£50000 - £55000|
Regional Home Delivery Manager
Remote - Midlands and North
£50K to £55K + Car + Bonus
The client is a British furniture retailer specialising in fully assembled hardwood cabinet and dining furniture, and sofa ranges. The company has stores & delivery hubs across the UK. They are looking to recruit a Regional Home Delivery Manager will manage the overall home delivery & trunking function for the Midlands and the Northern sites in the distribution network. They are critical to the delivery of the company’s Customer first principals and the Logistics Key Performance Indicators and are champions of organisational and cultural change.
Working as a key part of the Logistics Management Team they create, develop, and sustain credible and productive working relationships across all areas of the business. Communicating and interacting collaboratively, they successfully deliver joint organisational goals and cultural change that is aligned to the companies mission and values
- Provision of labour in line with anticipated demand, investigating variances between planned and actual performance
- Delivering to budget flexed in line with sales activity
- Manage the accuracy and timelines of despatches to the customer
- Manage the team’s provision of resource to manage trunking schedules
- Manage your teams Day to day management of the home delivery drivers and associated Shunt operatives and trunk drivers. You will have 6 direct reports, Depot Managers in Scotland, Belfast, Leeds, Sunderland, St Helens and Walsall
- Ensure staff are engaged in the business and create a culture of continuous improvement across the site teams
- Oversee Compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Implement change programmes devised by and in conjunction with the logistics planning team
- Audit Site maintenance and security for the sites
- Be a role model and an advocate for own actions and behaviours and challenge and hold others to account in relation to embedding and demonstrating Customer First Principles and values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to be a credible, authentic, influential, and effective Leader in a fast paced and challenging environment, and able to engage with all levels.
- Confident and comfortable at problem solving and finding viable solutions through researching evidence based best practice and offering constructive challenge to existing process and practice.
- Commitment to maintain highest professional standards appropriate to the responsibilities of holding a senior role within the company
- Is an advocate for working collaboratively and collectively in pursuit of joint goals across multiple functions, bringing teams together at the right time to guarantee successful outcomes
- Has the courage to challenge the status Quo and decisions that pursue short-term or personal goals at the expense of the overall business performance, and to act in the company’s interest rather than any one person’s interest.
- Highly analytical, commercial, numerical and action focused.
- A brilliant, dexterous, and highly skilled communicator - in all forms and channels
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, and able to prioritise conflicting and competing demands in complex areas.
Skills and Experience
- Previous management role in a National or Regional transport operation
- Ability to lead and mentor multi-site teams
- Proven experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
- The ability to deal with people, problems, and conflicts, they will need to be able to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems often under pressure.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- A full UK car driving licence with less than 6 penalty points as they will drive between sites across the region.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good Geographical knowledge of specific delivery area (North West, Northern outbases)
- National CPC (essential)
- Furniture home delivery experience is desirable but not essential
For more information can you call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648