|Salary||£24000 - £25000|
Job Title: R&D Technician
Salary: circa £24,000-£25,000
My client, a highly successful, fast-growing manufacturing and engineering company with a global presence is currently looking to recruit for an R&D technician to join them on a permanent basis.
This vacancy is for a technical and varied role within the research and development team of their international engineering and manufacturing business with progression potential for the right candidate.
As an integral part of the Research and Development team, the role will be developing and testing their existing and next generation products, building comprehensive manuals for prototype designs and working closely with the production team to ensure standardised and high quality assembly.
- Working closely with the Design Engineers to develop and document build processes of prototype designs, highlighting improvement opportunities manufacturing efficiencies to increase ease of assembly and decrease production time.
- Test prototypes and existing products using hydraulic test rigs.
- Work in partnership with the production team to ensure build manuals are fit for purpose and translate to the production environment.
- Take ownership of the engineering workshop and applying 5S practices to ensure a professional working environment is always kept.
- Manage stock and ordering components to ensure tasks can be completed to the defined schedules.
- Work with production staff and operations management to help meet deadlines and be willing to help across the company when required.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for the production team.
- Communicate with internal stakeholder to ensure project times remain on target, highlighting any risks in a timely manner.
- Maintain a friendly but independent relationship with suppliers, dealers and end users.
- Understanding of hydraulic systems and the associated health and safety requirements.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to document build processes of prototype designs and highlight any potential improvements to increase ease of assembly.
- High organisational skills and ability to manage a number of projects at the same time
- Ability to carry out detailed hydraulic and pneumatic tests and report findings.
- Assembly of complex machinery and gearboxes.
- Forklift licence.
- Familiar with working to ISO9001 standards and to following company processes and procedures.