|Salary||£35000 - £39000|
R&D Design Engineer (12 month Fixed term contract)
I am looking for an experienced Design Engineer with a strong Mechanical Engineering background.
Are you a motivated and talented Design Engineer? Are you looking to progress your career and work in an industrious and thriving environment?
My client is a market leader in their field and are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join their expanding team in the Cotswolds
The successful candidate for the Design Engineer vacancy will come from an engineering environment and have experience in the following:
Knowledge of using an MRP System (e.g. Visual, Syteline) to produce BOM’s.
- Experience of using a Quality management system database (e.g. DDM).
- Work to and promote high standards of quality, with a strong focus on safety.
- Familiarity in the use of Geometrical Design and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of technical software such as MathCAD and LabView. Visual Basic coding would also be advantageous.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Producing designs for new products using 3D CAD.
- To ensure designs are accurate and conform to the required design codes (API 6A/API 17D, ISO 10423, ASME VIII, etc.) and Customer specifications.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives, including problem-solving to enhance existing products and processes.
- Assisting the R&D department with technical analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Defining product specifications to meet customer requirements, in collaboration with the Sales team and senior management.
- To perform Engineering calculations and clearly document them to allow colleagues and third parties to interpret and validate Design Data.
- Produce 3D Models, Engineering Drawings and BOMs to allow manufacture and assembly of components.
- Checking of Drawings and BOM’s.
- Interact with other engineering team members, departments, and Customers.
- Reviewing day-to-day queries with your colleagues in the Machine Shop, Assembly, Quality and After Market Departments.
- Support the Engineering department at a variety of meetings both internally and occasionally at Customer sites, providing Engineering support and advice as appropriate
In return the successful candidate for the R&D DEsign Engineer position will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Excellent career progression and ongoing training
- Positive and welcoming working environment
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.