Job Title: Quality Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
My client is a market leading engineering and manufacturing business located in the Cheltenham area looking for a Quality Engineer to join the team preferably with a mechanical bias but also an understanding of electronics would be a plus.
Key Responsibilities – Quality Engineer
- Proficient in communication and collaboration with diverse teams, spanning production, engineering, operations, and suppliers, for effective resolution of product quality issues.
- Collect pertinent data for NCR investigations, encompassing inspection reports, test results, customer complaints, and assembly records. Analyze data to pinpoint trends, patterns, and systemic issues.
- Skilled in overseeing and conducting internal calibrations of measuring and testing equipment to guarantee precision and reliability in quality control procedures.
- Demonstrated readiness to take on supplementary tasks and responsibilities as required, contributing to the comprehensive functioning of the quality department.
Qualifications & Requirements – Quality Engineer
- Demonstrated expertise as a Quality Engineer with a mechanical emphasis (electronics background is desirable) in a manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS) such as ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
- Precision in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Advantageous experience with Aberlink CMMs or similar coordinate measuring machines.
- Capability to work independently or collaboratively in teams with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, including proficiency in conducting thorough root cause analyses and formulating effective preventive action plans.
- Proficient in utilizing problem-solving tools such as 8D, CAPA, 5Why.
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, focusing on driving process enhancements and preventing future non-conformances.
- Adept at documenting quality-related activities, investigations, and outcomes, with the ability to create clear and concise reports to communicate findings, trends, and improvement recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-player mentality.
What we can offer – Quality Engineer
- 33 days of annual leave
- Life cover
- Income protection cover
- Company pension
For more information on this role, please contact Arun Picton on 01453 829769 or send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Candidates who are currently a Quality Engineer or Quality Lead, Quality Technician, Quality Manager, Senior Quality Engineer, may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.