|Salary||£32k - 39k per year|
Champions product quality through a ‘right first time’ philosophy.
Maintains product quality standards across all manufacturing processes, focusing on those where deficiencies are known/occur.
Support employees to work accurately and effectively to eliminate/reduce the probability and severity of faults, failures and associated costs.
Key Performance Measures
• Complaint and waste reduction year on year
• Reports are delivered on time and are right first time
• 100% adherence to calibration schedule
• Delivery of improvement projects / quality improvement savings as agreed with line manager
• Conduct weekly quality audits
• Driving continual improvement opportunities through the CAPA process
• Assist production team and CI lead with “in-process” RCA investigations
• Monitor appropriate completion of all production/inspection records.
• Inspecting products/materials for defects and the timely disposition thereafter
• Monitor each stage of production through random sample checks.
• Maintain equipment calibration integrity/records
• Present quality issues to the daily review meetings
• Work closely with Inspectors and AQL to champion product quality
• Assist with customer complaint investigations and the implementation of corrective and preventative measures
All employees are expected to undertake reasonable tasks as required to ensure company targets are met.
• Works with minimal supervision, taking personal responsibility for own actions and for the quality and accuracy of the work that is produced
• Responsible for the positive release standards of manufactured products
• Appropriately reports and escalates issues as required to the relevant person
• Decide on Top 3 areas of focus based on data analysis
• Decide on scope of investigation taking into account volume, risk to business, customer impact etc.
Communication & Contacts Is able to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
Builds strong relationship across the wider team in order to share good practice, updates and learnings.
People Management Gives feedback and support to the production workforce. Must therefore have excellent communication, interpersonal and coaching skills.
Whilst this role has no budgetary responsibility the role holder is expected to be mindful of the impact of their role on the wider company budget, including but not limited to the efficiency of their role, waste and lost time.
Equipment All employees are responsible for the care and safekeeping of all company equipment as appropriate to their role.
Issues requiring training and/or qualification not undertaken/held by the employee must be escalated to the correct person.
Untrained/unqualified employees are forbidden from undertaking the use or maintenance of equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
• A mechanical engineering qualification would be an advantage
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Demonstrate a knowledge of quality control principles
• Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
• Strong IT skills (Microsoft Excel/Word) including pivot tables. Visual basic experience is an advantage
• Good problem solving skills
• Demonstrable experience of using LEAN and Six Sigma tools (ideally Green Belt) and methodologies and how to implement them to drive improvements
• Experience of working with ISO standards and Quality Management Systems