|Salary||£30k - 35k per year|
To report to the Managing Director in the maintenance and continuous development of the Company Management Assurance system in order to retain certification and utilise QA as a means of business improvement.
Main duties & Responisibilities:
- To ensure Company quality systems are adhered to at all times.
- To act as company quality representative
- To maintain the Quality Systems of the Company e.g. by identifying trends in non-conformances, performing audits and supplier assessments.
- Ensure welder qualifications are updated.
- Preparation and review of Non-conformance Reports.
- Maintain calibration records.
- Liaise with outside inspectors and auditors.
- Maintain quality manual, quality instructions and all other quality documentation.
- Maintain and develop company IT systems including Progress and OfficeNet.
- Develop 5S practices.
- Maintain standards library.
- Prepare monthly reports for board meetings on all aspects of the quality system.
- Collect data, monitor and communicate progress towards quality objectives
- Pre-weld inspection including preparation and cleanliness.
- Organise in-process inspection of welding operations and record and monitor results.
- Monitor process plans to verify operations are completed sequentially and signed appropriately.
- Review of monitoring system.
- To verify traceability of components is maintained throughout all manufacturing and inspection operations.
- Record returned and reworked items on non-conformances.
- Verify appropriate handling and segregation of stainless steels.
- Ensure final inspection is performed on items leaving the factory, including completion and verification of process plan operations.
- Ensure training matrix is up to date.
- Review and agree personal development objectives annually with your line manager.
Health, Safety & Environmental Management
- Compliance with all HSE Legal Obligations
- To advise and assist the Directors in the planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all employees.
- HSE Committees - to advise and support the safety health and environmental committees, making sure the committee takes ownership of health, safety and environmental issues that arise and take actions.
- Accident and incident Investigation – to receive and investigate reports of accidents, dangerous occurrences and environmental incidents and determine their causes and make recommendations for improving prevention and control, draw attention to significant trends and occurrences.
- COSHH / Reach – Ensure that all assessments are carried out and relevant control measures are put in place.
- Fire Safety – Ensure that all fire risk assessments are up to date and all significant risks are identified, ensure that fire arrangements are maintained in good order and drills are carried out on the premises.