|Location||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£24000 - £28000|
Role: Purchasing Assistant
Location: Hempsted, Gloucester
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Hours: 7.30am - 4pm
I am currently working with a growing business who are a leading distributor of engineering and industrial equipment. They are looking to recruit a dedicated Purchasing Assistant to ensure that any purchasing is carried out in an effective and timely manner, managing suppliers to ensure they meet lead times and quality standards.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for ensuring the right stock levels are held at all times and systems are updated with relevant information on products. This role will be key to ensure effective communication takes place between the sales team, suppliers and operations.
- Raising purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Agreeing lead times with suppliers and ensuring these are adhered to.
- Communicating with sales team to give them updates on lead times.
- Responsible for ensuring core stock is held at minimum stock levels at all times.
- Carrying out product and supplier analysis
- Ensuring suppliers understand requirements and adhere to service level agreements
- Creating new products on system and keeping the database up to date
- Responsible for ensuring stock locations are in place and system kept up to date
- Co-ordinating and carrying out rolling stock takes
- Responsible for dealing with any invoice queries and communication to customer/supplier
- Previous experience in a purchasing environment is desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Can do attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Good IT skills, particularly excel.
- Eye for detail
For more information or to apply, please call Nick Sollis on 01453 829767 or send an email with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk