|Salary||£55k per year|
The Project Manager will be responsible for applying effective management, leadership and problem solving skills to deliver against multiple project activities of varying complexity, which are critical to stabilising and improving the programme performance. The role will also require involvement and ownership on behalf of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) for business winning, including contract capture, project mobilisation and decision making for the benefit of the IR Detectors business area.
This role will be based at our UK Southampton site with a proportion of Working from Home based on our UK’s Custom Working Policy. There may be a requirement for Occasional travel to other UK sites as well as Occasional travel to Customers across UK, Europe and USA.
What we Offer
- Custom working: The role will be a mixture of home based and onsite
- flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time working options
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Manage applicable contracts/projects to time, cost, quality and technical compliance.
- Work to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction whilst also stabilising and creating plans to improve financial performance against the baseline targets.
- Ensure adherence to our Lifecycle Management (LCM), as appropriate and tailored to suit project requirements.
- Proactively monitor cost and schedule progress and lead the team effectively through planning, allocation and reporting of work in order to ensure successful delivery of the project and its objectives
- Anticipate, mitigate and manage dependencies, risks and synergies in support of improved business performance.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all functions in order to influence support and deliver project activities.
- Ensure the contracts/projects are organised and integrated as efficiently as possible to ensure a firm, understood and mutually agreed set up.
- Generate and lead effective communication and accurate reporting on the programme.
- Collaborate effectively at all levels within the business as well as with customers.
Qualifications & Training:
- Typically degree qualified or equivalent.
- APM PMQ, PRINCE-2 or equivalent certification desirable
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience in successfully delivering manufacturing/support projects and contracts across all phases of the project execution lifecycle, including Business Winning Phase, managing multi-discipline IPTs.
- Pro-active with a "can do" attitude, striving for continuous improvement with a focus on achieving high performance against objectives
- Detailed understanding of Project Reporting and financial controls
- Good computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Risk Management and Project Execution tools and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise workload and to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable to change and adversity
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative with the ability to think laterally
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple engineering and non-engineering functions which span multiple locations.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills