|Salary||£16 - £20|
Role – Production Team Leader
Location - Clevedon
£17 per hour + 20% shift allowance
To manage all activities relating to the effective operation of a defined cell of employees to ensure all activities are on time and to standard. To support, lead and coordinate the team to be proactive in anticipating needs and exceeding business expectations. To lead and develop a high performing multi skilled team in order to achieve individual, departmental and organisational objectives.
- Control day to day manufacturing activities at shop floor level and ensure that the quality standards are maintained by following the cell standard operating procedures.
- To manage the cell and ensure that the team understand its responsibilities and achieves the output requirements to agreed schedules.
- Create and develop dedicated teams to adequately solve problems in conjunction with other key stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Cell Manufacturing Engineer identify areas where the standard operating procedures can be improved.
- Support and implement agreed process changes.
- Take prompt action to resolve issues/problems when they are presented.
- Maximise efficiency within the cell by ensuring effective use of people, time and resource.
- To leadthe team and ensure that the appropriate standards of behaviour and performance are maintained.
- To ensure the cell is controlled to minimize energy and material usage and all waste is correctly dealt with to site standards.
- Effectively communicate with team and Lead the daily SIM2 meetings, escalate any relevant issues to Cell Leaders.
- Supports fellow cell members through active listening and coaching, respects others and shares and celebrates success within the cell and beyond.
- Maintain the 6S process within the cell to ensure that it's in accordance with the current standard.
- Stand in for next level management when required or peers
- Ensure effective sickness and holiday cover through the allocation of overtime with the agreement of the cell leader or operations management.
- Plan, monitor, deliver and control the training of employees to meet the business needs for capability and capacity.
- To act as a point of reference for members of the team in terms of quality and technical matters.
- Responsible for development/training and motivation of team members as well as supporting with the performance review process.
- Ensure all individual training and development requirements are identified and a training programme is maintained ensuring there are no skills gaps within the team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience of leading, motivating and developing a team is desired.
- HNC or equivalent in a manufacturing or engineering discipline would be advantageous
- Have a responsible approach to H&S
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work with detailed information in a logical and organised way
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confident with working on own initiative
- Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
- Self-motivated and resourceful
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis by email on email@example.com or call 01453 829767
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk