|Location||Hereford, Herefordshire, England|
|Salary||£25.5k - 30k per year|
Salary to £30,000
My client manufactures specialist equipment used within the independent living, care and health industries. They are looking to recruit a Production Supervisor for their manufacturing facility in Hereford. They will be responsible for ensuring the parts welded and machined in their department are to the company’s standard and on time in full. The manufacturing facility has drilling, lathes, mills, tube bending, fillet welding and fabrication.
- You will allocate work to staff in his area ensuring that they have all the necessary skills to perform these tasks, and that they carry out these tasks to the company’s procedures in order that the product is machined and welded to the appropriate standard.
- You will allocate work by liaising with the Site Manager and through the Work Centre Loading. Any over or under capacity situations will be reported to the Site Manager.
- You will endeavour to maintain a smooth flow of work through the department to deliver to customers on time and in full.
- Ensure all Works Orders are booked in accurately and that the routes are correct with the correct Standard times. Any variances must be reported to the Site Manager
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and safety of equipment within the department. Any problems he cannot resolve will be notified to the Site Manger. All equipment should be stored in a safe and tidy position ensuring that it is readily available to meet production requirements.
- Report any stock shortages / over stocking which may cause a problem with completing an order on time. Maintain a stock of consumable items and tools as appropriate.
- Ensure that goods arriving into his department from outside suppliers are properly checked in and accounted for. These materials will be stored in the appropriate racking safely and neatly.
- Monitor quality and proactively look at error proofing and root causes for any quality issue raised from customers through the company QM system to ensure there are no repeat occurrences.
- Deal with any enquiries arising from the work in his department.
- The Fabrication Shop Supervisor will ensure that employees, receive training in accordance with their needs and the company’s requirements. Inadequate training leads to accidents, errors, and delays in production.
- Responsible for the tidiness in the area and lead the cycle counting to ensure stock accuracy in accordance with the schedule.
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 07966 971648