|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
Job Title – Production Planner
Location – Cheltenham
My client is a large component manufacturing business looking for an experienced planner to join their team on a 6-month contract. The ideal candidate will need previous experience planning in a manufacturing environment as well as good organisational and personal skills.
The role – Production Planner
- The ability to create and manage an assembly production plan in line with customer requirements.
- Identifying shortages and seeking resolutions to ensure orders are met on time.
- Support new product introductions and continuous improvement programs.
- Provide detailed quotes for large orders using production planning logic.
- Manage the release of sales order demands with the aim of balancing customer requirements with production capabilities.
- Understand and action MRP messages based on your knowledge of current supply and demand.
The Skills & Experience – Production Planner
- Must have experience in a production environment, preferably mechanical engineering production.
- Ideally you would have experience with an MRP system.
- Knowledge of an IT based planning system ideally an ERP system.
- Preferably you would be comfortable with JDE Edwards Enterprise 1.
- Good communication and personal skills.