|Location||Reading, Reading, England|
|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
|Salary||£20000 - £23000|
FTC - 12 months
My client, a bespoke engineering manufacturer, are seeking a Production Planner to join their team in Reading on a 12 month contract. The successful candidate will be tasked with assisng the effective planning of production including administration and scheduling tasks.
Key Responsibilities of Production Planner
- Production Planning within a busy manufacturing environment
- Full work order prodcess; Scheduling, realease, monitor and review
- Identifcation of material shortages
- Use and keep ERP/MRP systems up to date.
- Review the MPS plan and ensure that this is achievable based on hours required against hours available.
- Attend regular update meetings as required to communicate the status of the production plan and receive feedback from supply chain partners.
- Monitor the ongoing production capacity requirement against available capacity and highlight areas of concern.
- Work with Customer Service to confirm order status when required.
Qualification and Experience
- Previous experience in a material control / production planning role.
- Knowledge/experience of MRP and/or ERP planning systems.
- Excellent level of computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- An analytical approach and meticulous attention to detail.
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Excel at intermediate level