Production Manager - Operations
Location - Birmingham (B37)
Background – operations/production management within production/logistic/3PL environment
Reports: Direct Reports - 3 Indirects - 150 - / 6 million products per year
The company helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Their 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. The company primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The plant repairs over 6 million pallets a year
Lead & support the smooth day to day running of a production operation, ensuring all customer orders are achieved OTIF. Focus on to lead and promote continuous improvement in production, safety and quality metrics and provide leadership to operations teams on site.
- Effective implementation of Zero Harm and Safety Differently
- Effective implementation of Zero Defect policies and procedures.
- Achieve production and efficiency targets
- Increase Process Reliability
- Engagement of operations teams in business values and objectives
- Design and implementation of change based on data and root cause (i.e. risk assessments, root cause analysis, 5S, best in class benchmarking & reapplication)..
- Monitoring and reporting CI metrics including plant efficiency, OEE, Near miss, product flow compliance
- Leading and facilitating improvement activity using Kaizen and DMAIC approach
- Experienced in lean based/CI operational role would be an advantage.
- Experienced in team and shift leadership
- Ideally worked in a quality focused environment and familiar with quality based standards.
- Worked successfully in a matrix structure
- Strong numerical and verbal skills
- Highly organised with a flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and persistent approach.
- Good coaching skills.
- Proven skills and capabilities in communication and problem solving.
- Knowledge and experience of quality principals.
- Experienced in the application of MS-Office
- Personal: Capabilities in Leadership, Project management and change
For more information on the role and the company please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 07966 971648