|Salary||£30000 - £35000|
Production & Materials Manager
The company manufactures a world class & renowned product which they sell successfully both in the UK, Europe and the US. Their growing facility is based close to the Westonbirt Arboretum, near Malmesbury. The company has seen exceptional growth during the Covid Pandemic where demand for their products has risen.
The role will report to the Production Manager / Director and will have responsibility for the day-to-day production targets, efficiency, and planning. This role would suit a production supervisor or manager looking to make the next step in their career or a more experienced production manager.
People and Process
- Manage, train and coach the team towards operational excellence, to include delivery of KPIs, reporting and understanding variances to ensure continuous improvement.
- Liaise with schedulers and supervisors to plan and manage resources to ensure the required workforce is in place to meet production schedules.
- Manage production resources over multiple shifts (currently 24/7), ensuring production targets are met on a cost-effective basis.
- Ensure all supervisors lead and monitor shift performance effectively and consistently, taking responsibility, particularly when managers are not present.
- Ensure HR tasks are carried out consistently and in line with company policies; including recruitment, on-boarding, training, development, performance reviews, sickness & absence.
- Monitor sickness and holidays, ensuring adequate cover, enabled through greater cross population of skills, utilising and updating the company’s HR software (Evalu-8).
- Maintain documentation of staff training, risk assessments and skills matrix.
- Develop collaborative relationships, to ensure you and your team are aware of workflow interdependencies with other departments and how your work impacts the wider busines.
- Ensure the production team are customer focussed and understand the impact their work has on contributing to customer experience.
Raw Materials and Purchasing
- Ensure raw materials are called off to deliver production targets to maintain required stock levels, identifying and reporting any shortages.
- Ensure quality checks and reviews of all raw materials at point of delivery and in process are completed.
- Manage stock control and ensure inventory records are completed accurately in real-time in the ERP system, error checking and updates are embedded into regular practice.
- Manage raw material stock and finished good stock at third party storage sites.
- Manage stock takes in accordance with established procedures and ensure accurate stock figures are reported to Finance.
ERP and Business Process
- Ensure that the ERP system (M1) is being employed correctly with accurate data input during every stage of production workflows.
- Follow production schedules and adapt to changes in priorities, which are set to meet stock build or manufacture of made to order to meet on time and in full.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the ERP system.
- Ensure the timely movement of stock, including raw materials and finished goods into the despatch warehouse, to support ongoing productivity and customer order fulfilment.
- Ensure machine issues are reported quickly, following agreed processes and escalation procedures, so they are resolved with minimum disruption and downtime reports updated.
- Hold regular toolbox talks, ensuring production issues are highlighted and addressed, encouraging feedback and ideas from all production staff to aid continuous improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of working hours and overtime, submitting to finance for payroll, so that all employees are paid correctly.
- Monitor production standards to ensure they remain continually high, particularly when introducing the production of new products into the range.
- Maintain the working environment and equipment to a high standard with high levels of housekeeping, awareness of machine quality and potential issues arising.
- Maintain highest possible quality at all stages of production, raise NCR’s if necessary, carrying out route cause analysis of issues with raw material supply and finished goods.
- Review production led RMAs, identify causes and improvements in training, performance or process required to ensure continuous improvement.
- Liaise with the product design team to assist with new collection and product development testing, costings for overhead and labour, and feeding back results as necessary.
Health and Safety
- Compliance with all risk assessments and training requirements for production personnel.
- Completion / monitoring and investigation of near miss reports and accidents.
- Monthly / weekly safety checks and compliance of H&S regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in a production environment with supervisory / management roles
- Able to display excellent communication and leadership qualities
- Experiencing of working with ERP systems
- Good/intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent H&S knowledge (IOSH training desirable)
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Confident in analysing data and producing reports
Working hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
25 days holiday
Annual Product Allowance
Free onsite parking
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648