|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, England|
|Salary||£32k - 35k per year|
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client. They are a successful Engineering company that are offering a stable and lucrative career in their business. They require a Production Engineer to join their expanding and inovative team.
The candidate will be responsible for Working closely with theinternal Design team and will be involved in the design and development of all new parts in order to achieve the most efficient and cost effective way of producing the highest quality product possible.
• Translation of drawings and CAD models into efficient programs for use on in house machine tools.
• Design and source all required jigs and fixtures.
• Plan and source all tooling and equipment needed for use on the machine tools.
• Prepare relevant supporting documentation for justification of all new equipment.
• Prepare manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
o Process Sheets
o Health & Safety - Risk Assessments
• Working closely with the Shift Supervisors you will need to be aware of the planning of resources and scheduling of activities in order for the agreed daily production schedules to be maintained.
• Provide support and training to machine shop supervision as they set-up and prove out the Edge Cam Programs.
• Establish with machine shop supervision best possible process and agree machine cycle time. Once agreed program to be locked out and performance monitored.
• Investigate and help resolve any operational problems affecting production.
• Working with engineering and other departments to produce cost estimates for new designs.
• Identifying ways to reduce production cost and seek continuous
improvement by using Lean initiatives.
• Liaise with the research and development department.
• You may be required to attend the company Visualisation Meetings to support the Production Manager in giving updates on In House' manufacturing issues.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good numerical and literacy skills
- Produce good programs to the shop floor, taking responsibility for the program prove out, process documentation, and initial part quality.
• Establish repeatable manufacturing processes
• Maintain the quality and upkeep of all process documentation.
• Develop and improve the detail of our current tooling information with each CNC Program.
• Exploit all opportunities for the use of probing — Initial Set Up, In Cycle Inspection, Milling, Turning.
• Develop and implement programs that make use of the tool wear management system within the machine enabling reduced levels machine manning.
• Ensure that all CNC machine tool wear management system are fully operational.
We are looking for a Prodcution Engineer who ideally has the following skills:
- Extensive experience of Programming CNC's online using Fanuc.
- Experience with other control systems will be considered
- Team Leader experience will be an advantage.
- Have a good understanding of engineering drawings.
- Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- They offer competitive rates of pay.
- They offer job security and stability, as they have a sustainable client base.
- Potential career progression.
- They promote a positive, approachable and welcoming culture throughout the company.
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on firstname.lastname@example.org – or by phone on 01453 829 789.
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource.co.uk.