|Salary||£20000 - £23000|
A Family Run British Manufacturer with a manufacturing site in Hereford producing equipment for both UK and Overseas Market.
They are looking to recruit a Production Administrator to help coordinate of the site and to support the company’s material and supply requirements for the manufacturing departments in particular the Fabrication department. The company are implementing a new ERP system and on completion of this project the role will focus on cycle counting, labelling of stock locations and general inventory management and planning across the site.
They will familiarise with the group of products for which they are responsible, covering for their other colleagues as required, where possible. They will familiarise with the computer system and will operate it as required as laid down by our current operating instructions. They will also work within the Company’s Quality Control Procedures.
- They will work with the Site Manager & create Purchase orders and Works orders for the fabrication department but supporting the other planners when required.
- They will update the PO with an acknowledgement dates and liaise with suppliers for all areas to meet the required delivery dates.
- They will ensure that the computer reflects the latest cost prices on the company’s products. Any significant change up or down will be notified to the Site Manager.
- They will run the PO expedite reports weekly and liaise with suppliers to meet the change in dates.
- They will create a schedule for routinely checking incoming raw materials for quality based on supplier performance and be responsible for filing the inspection report.
- They will investigate supplier Invoice queries and implement corrective actions to reduce them
- When necessary they will work with suppliers on late deliveries, or changes to stated delivery dates. Any problems likely to affect production they will notify to the Site Manager.
- A key part of this role is to improve the production purchasing function and interaction with the MRP system and all aspects of the Purchasing function should be evaluated for its effectiveness and improved
- They will create works orders daily in line with MRP and the fabrication department and support the sites various other planners as required.
- They will endeavour to ensure that stock levels are kept as reasonably low as possible but sufficient in quantity to ensure no material shortages.
- They will help co-ordinate and carry out stock checks. This will include performing weekly cycle counts. They will investigate any discrepancies and implement corrective actions to prevent any re-occurrence.
- They will ensure all stock locations are bar coded and as needed have clean, clear laminated drawings to aid part identification.
- They will process non-conforming items, liaising with Engineering / Suppliers / Accounts when necessary.
- They will act as the main switchboard for the Hereford site with regard to incoming telephone calls
- They will maintain action lists for each Hereford area with regard to continuous improvement and maintenance activities.
- They will assist Despatch in time of high work load and become familiar with both the receipt and Despatch of products and goods. In particular exportation of goods.
- They will act as a back up for other production planning activities in times of high workload and holidays.
- Orders for non-production items will be raised promptly since shortages of stationery / R & D items etc can also impair the company’s performance.
- They will observe the company’s Health and Safety rules and will operate within all the company’s approved systems.
For more information on the role and company please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 01453 829794 or 07966 971648