|Salary||£45000 - £50000|
My client, a leading aerospace manufacturer, are currently recruiting for a Product Engineer to join their state of the art facility based in Wolverhampton. With a focus on Commercial Actuation products the successful Product Engineer will join a team who are responsible for supporting the assembly and test area by resolving issues, maintaining product integrity, and influencing product cost.
The Product Engineer will be required to generate clear production assembly and test work instructions, and support the definition, evaluation and implementation of equipment to meet production requirements. For example assembly fixtures and tools, production flow-line systems, and test equipment.
Key Responsibilities of Product Engineer
- Support the full product life cycle including development, new product introduction (NPI), product transfer and product delivery
- Provide clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production.
- Provide technical support to the assembly and test to identify and resolve problems with hydraulic and mechanical products.
- Specify, design, develop, evaluation and implement equipment to meet production requirements for operations department.
- Assuring and maintaining product integrity, and quality in production products.
- Track key company metrics including.
- Support the facilitation of design changes driven by the above items by redlining drawings and documents, attending Change Review Board (CRB) and starting the ECN process.
- Training, coordinating and evaluating the efforts of Associate Product Engineers and Co-ops to support department goals
Key Requirements & Expertise
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar and 5 years’ experience in aerospace or similarly complex industry
- Ability to generate clear production assembly and test work instructions
- Experience of developing production flow lines
- Ability to facilitate design changes, generate engineering documentation and support the modification process
- Identify areas for producibility and quality improvements in assembly and test and product design
- Experience of working with remote teams would be beneficial
- Experience and knowledge of industrial engineering or project engineering may be an advantage
- General knowledge in areas of root cause corrective action, lean and project planning.
- Ability to make engineering judgements and construct engineering justifications
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Microsoft office applications
The role is rewarded with a competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package. Not only this but it is an opportunity to join a forward thinking business with fantastic facilities. For more information on this vacancy apply today!