|Job-type||Interim / Contract|
Product Development Engineer
FTC - 12 Months
My client, a leading aerospace manufacturer, are currently recruiting for a Product Development Engineer to join their growing Gloucestershire facility on a fixed term contract basis (12 months.) The successful Product Development Engineer will be tasked with working on a range of projects developing complex components for use in commercial and military aircraft systems.
This is an exciting role with a varied work load. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Reviewing customer technical specifications and influencing early design concepts
- Writing technical compliance statement justifications and constructing project plans.
- Sizing and performance calculations, mitigating any design, performance & structural risks using appropriate methods e.g. analysis and test
- Participate in DFMEA and PFMEA processes, liaising with manufacturing and production support teams to ensure that the design is robust for recurring cost, manufacture & assembly.
- Developing test procedures, support development testing to verify performance, write test reports, investigate problems and draw conclusions.
The Product Development Engineer will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree educated in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent
- Sound understanding of mechanical and hydraulic design concepts and associated principles.
- An aptitude for collecting, analysing and evaluating data.
- Experience with production and qualification test methods to aerospace standards.
- Experience in assembly techniques and associated tooling.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, as used in aerospace products would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated and an aptitude for problem solving.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic business. The successful Product Development Engineer will be remunerated with a competitive salary plust comprehensive benefits package including private healthecare and life assurance.