|Salary||£35k per year|
Role- Product Design Engineer
Location – Caerphilly
Salary - £35,000
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Product Design Engineer will play a key role in new product development, ensuring that the business has an up-to-date range of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products. Primary responsibility will be to design, develop and introduce new products to time and budget constraints, whilst also working collaboratively to provide timely technical support to other functions within the business.
- Design and develop new products which deliver best-in-class performance and that are compliant with all relevant safety, quality and legal standards.
- Manage projects from inception to completion always adhering to NPI process.
- Provide support and technical expertise to ensure existing product ranges remain compliant, updating them accordingly where necessary.
- Provide technical support all customers (both internal and external), which may involve site visits of a national and international nature.
- Create and maintain all technical documentation relevant to product remit as required, including items such as CAD drawings, costing data, technical construction files, bills of materials, technical specifications, test data etc.
- Keep up to date with all mandatory legislation, relevant codes of practice and appropriate building regulations
- Constantly review and optimise product designs to identify and implement cost savings and performance improvements. This includes being well-informed of core industry technologies and advancements.
- Working collaboratively with manufacturing colleagues to ensure smooth product introduction and integration.
- Experience of working in a similar engineering or technical design role.
- Academic or vocational qualification/s in mechanical design / engineering.
- Experience of design principles in sheet-metal CAD / CAM and fabrication knowledge, plastic injection moulding, expanded Polyprop/Polystyrene mouldings.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time, to plan, within budget and target item cost and to the original design brief.
- Good knowledge relevant national and international standards (BS7000 series, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 etc) and a working knowledge of harmonised standards and European directives for safe, legal and compliant product design.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault or equivalent for all design activity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multi-disciplined teams.
- Good problem-solving skills with an ability to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- 25 days annual leave including Xmas closure period plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme with match contributions to 5%
- Death in Service benefit of 2 times salary
- Eligibility to join the Share save scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme - up to 5 days extra
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership at Caerphilly Leisure Centre
- Free car parking
- Opportunities for development across the wider business
For further details, please contact Nick Sollis – 01453 829767 or email your cv firstname.lastname@example.org
Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors.
We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few.
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website www.omegaresource