|Salary||£35k - 39k per year|
Role: Process Improvement Coordinator
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Main purpose of the job:
The role will be focused on improving the manufacturing process to ultimately improve the safety and quality of our processes and products and positively impact time and costs. This role will be autonomous but will require liaising with other managers across the business, whilst also inspiring all other members of staff to buy into the new processes.
- Develop a 3-5 year vision for the improvement of our manufacturing processes and have the capability to deliver this
- Win hearts and minds to get “buy –in” to the vision and opportunities presented by it
- Improve the capability of our people and processes
- Support and improve New Product Development and trial to launch process
- Ensure practical implementation and operational adherence to quality systems and food safety requirements, thus ensuring compliance with Company, Regulatory, Third party and Customer standards, whist achieving Quality objectives and KPI targets
- Routine analyse, trend and report quality & food safety incidents to ensure appropriate RCA & CAPA response and resolution is implemented and site KPIs met.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a high-volume food manufacturing role with good understanding of production, HACCP, H&S, quality requirements.
- Proven food industry experience and ideally experience in baking technology and/or working knowledge of relevant functional ingredients.
- Proven leadership skills and a strong problem solver.
- Practical knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP implementation,
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and LEAN Manufacturing Process
- Experience of managing and delivering process improvements and knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Experience of successfully managing change: new equipment; new processes and new products.
- Understanding on how technology can assist in the improvement of our quality and efficiencies.
- A completer finisher and someone who is determined to eliminate barriers to progress.
For more information about the role, or to make an application, please contact Daisy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01453 829769.